Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas with Carter

It's been awhile since our last post. The Holidays take up a lot of time!
Carter's first Christmas was great, he got lots of doggy presents from Santa
and family.

Adrian and I celebrated Christmas (opening presents to one another)
on Christmas Eve, before we went out to my parent's house, and eventually
to my Aunt's house for the annual Christmas Eve party. I got a really pretty ring from Adrian- it's a right hand ring! Adrian got a lot of random things from me- cologne, DVDs, clothes. Nothing exciting like my ring! I will post a picture at some point.

Carter went to our family Christmas Eve party for about an hour, then he went up to Aunt Bert's house where he completed some "Nascar laps" around her dinning room table. Aunt Bert is a huge Nascar fan, so anytime she can use it for an example or to talk about, she does! Apparently Carter was running incredibly fast around her table, over and over again. I think he felt the
energy of all of the animals that came before him there and was feeding off of the excitement! Aunt Bert was left with 5 treats to give Carter. Lets just say that she likes to overindulge the animals in the family with treats. Now mind you, Carter was with Aunt Bert for 3 hours and he got all five treats. I know for a fact he did not go outside to potty 5 times, and he does not know that many tricks to earn all of those treats! Oh well, Carter and Aunt Bert were happy:)

On Christmas Eve we also FINALLY got the chance to meet Baby Emma, aka "Internet Baby." She is my cousin Dan and his wife Krista's new little baby girl. She is the cutest thing going, a total "Riggs!" Can't wait to see her again!


We spent the night at my parent's house on Christmas Eve. Christmas day Aunt Jo, Uncle Fred, Brian, Kiera, and Aunt Bert came over for the day. The presents were plentiful, as was the food. All in all it was a great day!

Here are some pics of Carter's first Christmas!

Carter's first introduction to his stocking. He was
afraid of the jingle bells on it.


Finally, he gets up the courage to pull out a present.
It never takes me that long!


Carter under our Christmas tree. It was difficult
to get him to pose.


Carter under the Christmas tree at my parent's house.
I wanted a picture of him in the new Uggs, but he wasn't
cooperating!

No comments: